In our classes and workshops, we can focus on a particular theme or intention, or work with whatever is presenting itself in the moment.
In any 2-hour dance class there will typically be:
- A period of warmup (guided or unguided) (Open Attention)
- Brief context-setting (Enter)
- Guidance for establishing an embodied anchor (Enter)
- A few guided movement inquiries into the resource or theme for the day (Explore)
- Free time to explore and integrate the material in your own way (Explore)
- Settling and Closing (Settle)
As Open Floor teachers, we are passionate about helping our students resource themselves in movement and fully explore the potential of their unique and precious life. We have found that what really inspires us to transform, heal and enjoy the present moment, is to be embodied – to be present in our body – as we walk, talk, dance, connect, explore and pause.
You will be invited to Enter the body through an anchor – a part of your body – which could be your feet, your belly, your back body, or even your eyes.
For that journey, you will be offered one or several movement resources from our curriculum, and supported by a wide range of music to encourage you to explore the material in your own way.